Position: Creative Content Officer
Reporting to: Executive Director
Organization Status: Part-time, under contract
Compensation: $25/hour(20-25 hours/week)
Posted: September 13th, 2022
Closing: September 30th, 2022
Applications must include: Cover letter, resume, & graphic design portfolio
Submit application to: [email protected]
Who We Are
The Canadian Alliance of Student Associations (CASA) is a not-for-profit comprised of 23 student associations and representing the interests of 275,000 students to the federal government of Canada. CASA advocates to make textbooks more affordable, reduce student debt, create valuable work opportunities, provide student mental health supports, support student research, and much more. This is all done with the goal of establishing a post-secondary education system in Canada that is accessible, affordable, innovative and of the highest quality.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Creative Content Officer will lead and execute all creative projects illustrating the work of the organization. To achieve this, the position will focus on graphic design, but also require photography, and videography platforms.
- Design all external documents including the Advocacy Document, Pre-Budget Submission, The Foundations Binder, The Advocacy Guidebook, policy papers, research reports, and any other external facing documents;
- Create professional high-quality social media assets illustrating the work of CASA;
- Track social media performance on an ongoing basis, and create reports as directed by the Executive Director;
- Lead the general upkeep and renewal of the CASA website, as well as oversee the maintenance of other online profiles and networks;
- Oversee adherence to CASA’s style guide, and update guidelines as needed;
- Lead the development of any CASA video content;
- Pitch creative ways to communicate the work of CASA internally to Membership, and externally to students, government officials, stakeholders, and more.
- Support the team organizing of CASA’s four annual conferences
- Attend each of CASA’s four annual conferences, and use as an opportunity to gather material for creative content creation
- All other duties as required
Essential Skills and Qualifications:
Experience in graphic design, photography, and/or videography
- If you’re experienced in only some of these areas, but would be eager to continue expanding your skillset, please still apply
- A degree from a college, university, technical institute, or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience;
Experience with creative content platforms including but not limited to
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Lightroom, & InDesign, Illustrator, and/or Premiere Pro) and
- Experience with social media platforms such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, TikTok
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability to work as a team member and independently, depending on the situation
- Demonstrated project management skills, time-management skills, and ability to work effectively under pressure.
- A keen interest in post-secondary education related issues
- Ability and willingness to travel across Canada for conferences, presentations and meetings.
- Ability to speak/present in French
- A strong background or relevant experience in the post-secondary education sector;
- Past involvement in student government and knowledge of how student governments operate
Interested candidates are asked to submit their resume, cover letter, and a portfolio (1-3 pages) to [email protected]. All responses will be handled in the strictest confidence; however, only those who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
CASA is committed to employment equity and diversity, and encourages applications from all qualified candidates. This includes women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities, Indigenous persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation, and all groups protected by the Human Rights Code. CASA also offers accommodations throughout the recruitment process, as needed. If you have accommodation needs at any stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible.