CASA has always operated under the policy that it should be easy to both join and leave the organization; we call it the easy in/easy out policy.
How to Join
- Check your association’s constitution and bylaws to see if you need a vote or referendum, and act accordingly
- Send CASA’s membership a written letter of intent to join
- CASA’s membership will decide whether to approve and ratify your request to join at its next meeting
- You’re in!
How to Leave
- Send CASA written notice that you intend to leave 30-90 days before submitting a motion
- Submit a motion to leave at your association, or as required by your constitution and bylaws
- If the motion passes, send CASA a final written notice to confirm that your motion passed and you are leaving
- Your membership will expire 90 days after CASA receives this final notice
For more details on the joining and leaving processes, consult CASA's Bylaws and Operating Procedures.