To vote you need to prove your name and current address. There are three ways of doing this:
1) Show one piece of government ID.
- Drivers license or
- Provincial card
- Not a passport
2) Show two pieces of ID. Both must have your name and one must have your current address.
- Example A: credit card (name only) and phone bill (name and address)
- Example B: social insurance number (name only) and bank statement (name and address)
- Example C: passport (name only) and lease (name and address)
- See full list of accepted ID here
3) Take an Oath. If none of your ID have your current address.
- Show two pieces of ID with your name and
- Have someone who knows you attest to your address
- This person must show proof of identity and address, and
- Be registered in the same polling division,
- Each individual can only offer one oath
Find out more here